FlameWriter is the artist moniker of Glenn Todd.
Glenn is a sculptor, graphic designer and creative director, whose art aims to provoke engagement and connection with nature and environmental protection.
Qualified as a graphic designer, and with experience as an industrial sign-writer using 3-D manufacturing techniques and materials, Glenn has a unique mix of skills that he now applies to his sculptural work.
Glenn has been designing and building large scale sculptures since 2013, including the 12 metre high timber Effigy for the Burning Seed festival in 2015. This sculptural work includes managing aspects of the design and build including budgets, team management and Occupational Health and Safety.
Glenn has also played the role of Ignition Controller at the Burning Seed event where large timber sculptures are burnt, and been responsible for the live co-ordination of all safety teams including the fire Artists, Fire Fighting teams, medical, security, and State Forestry.
Glenn approaches his work with a high level of professionalism with a specific focus on public safety.
- Winner of the Rainbow Serpent Festival – Large Art Grant 2020
- Burning Seed Effigy Ignition Controler 2019
- Current Whitecard
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Card
- 4 years Sign Fabrication including 2 years formal Signwriting apprenticeship
- 20 Years Founder/Director of Dvize Creative – Web Development company with clients including Stereosonic, Australian Ballet and Arts Centre Melbourne
- 3 years Diploma Art, Design and Multimedia
- 1 year Certificate of Art Foundation
- 1 year of Advanced Group Facilitation
See glenntodd.net for more information and testimonials.
(Top Photo by Dan Broun).