FlameWriter is the artist moniker of Glenn Todd.
Glenn is a sculptor, graphic designer and creative director, whose art aims to provoke engagement and connection with nature and environmental protection.
Qualified as a graphic designer, and with experience as an industrial sign-writer using 3-D manufacturing techniques and materials, Glenn has a unique mix of skills that he now applies to his sculptural work.
Glenn has been designing and building large scale sculptures since 2013, including the 12 metre high timber Effigy for the Burning Seed festival in 2015. This sculptural work includes managing aspects of the design and build including budgets, team management and Occupational Health and Safety.
Glenn has also played the role of Ignition Controller at the Burning Seed event where large timber sculptures are burnt, and been responsible for the live co-ordination of all safety teams including the fire artists, fire fighting teams, medical, security, and State Forestry.
Glenn approaches his work with a high level of professionalism with a specific focus on public safety.
Successful Arts Grants
- Melburners art grant: 2021
- Bayside Council Peterson Street Reserve Public Art Commission shortlist: 2021
- Rainbow Serpent Festival major art grant: 2020
- Burning Seed Festival Effigy grant: 2015
- Burning Seed Festival Arts grant: 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018
- Burning Seed Festival – Effigy Ignition Controler 2019
- Underland Festival – Effigy Ignition Safety Coordinator – 2022
- 20 Years Founder/Director of Dvize Creative – Web Development company with clients including Stereosonic, Australian Ballet and Arts Centre Melbourne
- Current Whitecard
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Card
- Certificate of Advanced Group Facilitation – Groupwork Institute – 2013
- Diploma of Graphic Design and Multimedia – Western Australian School of Art Design and Media – 1996 – 1999
- Certificate of Trade Studies in Signwriting – Technical and Further Education, Western
Australia – 1995 – 1996
- Certificate of Art and Design – Western Australian School of Art, Design and Media – 1994
More information and testimonials
(Top Photo by Dan Broun).