🔥 About FlameWriter 🔥
An experienced fire artist with 6 years experience, FlameWriter has built and designed numerous fire based performances, ranging from the 12 metre high Burning Seed “Effigy”, through to complex animated pieces that surprise and invigorate audiences.
A pyro-romantic, drawing inspiration from the power of fire and its ancient role in ritual and performance.
Glenn also uses waste materials in his artworks, such as tent waste from festivals to highlight unsustainable resource exploitation.
FlameWriter is the artist moniker of Glenn Todd.
(Top Photo by Dan Broun).
🔥 Social Media 🔥
🔥 Logistics and team experience 🔥
- 2018 – Forest Rising – Build crew lead, Safety lead – Burning Seed festival
- 2017 – FireSeed – Build crew lead, Safety lead – Burning Seed festival
- 2017 – 2018 Frontline Action on Coal Digital – Remote digital support, online communications, logistics, systems, security for #StopAdani NonViolent Direct Action
- 2007 – 2018
ActionSkills– Founder/Director – Various training and skillshare events
- 2016 Close Pine Gap – Coordinator of media collective, website and social media. Negotiated many diverse groups, with some in conflict to work under one brand and share digital assets.
- 2015 Abbot Point convergence – (
precurserto #StopAdani) Lead organiser (1 of 6) – camp infrastructure build and logistics, online communications
- 2014 Leard Blockade – NonViolent Direct Action support crew, camp crew, communications crew etc etc etc
- 2013 PressJam – Lead organiser (1 of 2) – 4 NFP websites built in a day
View glenntodd.net for more information.
🔥 Join my newsletter 🔥
For occasional updates, events and interesting stuff
🔥 Experience 🔥
With a past life as an industrial sign-writer and fabricator, Glenn is a qualified graphic designer and also works as a creative director.
Glenn approaches his work with a high level of professionalism with a specific focus on public safety.
Glenn also does lots of other stuff such as web development and technology training.
See glenntodd.net for more information and testimonials.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Card
- 4 years Sign Fabrication including 2 years formal Signwriting apprenticeship
- 18 Years Founder/Director of Dvize Creative – Web Development company with clients including Stereosonic, Australian Ballet and Arts Centre Melbourne
- 3 years Diploma Art, Design and Multimedia
1 yearCertificate of Art Foundation
- 1 year of Advanced Group Facilitation
🔥 Burning 🔥
Fire was my favourite childhood toy. Like many joys of childhood, this was eventually conditioned out of me. This was probably good in context to my political work.
I headed to my first burn as I thought it would be fun to hang out at 11:11:11:11:2011 with some other crazies who were hoping to be transported outer space or to a new intergalactic consciousness.
That didn’t quite work out but the next eve, with the Bee’s buzzing and some men humming, they set fire to that man. He stood so strong, so powerful, in defiance of his end. Then he fell. That beautiful creative violent destruction was the porno that re-awoke this pyro.
My working priority to help save humans from our own stupidity can grind me down. Activists all around me are burning out.. from the science or the hours or the stress or the massive scale of our collective arrogant insanity.
Burning art helps me stay sort of sane.
It awakens that little boy and shines a light on my conditioning. There is more than fire that was lost, that needs to be reclaimed.
Fire allows me to create and to let go. A release for my violence and a focus for my ego.
I am reminded that like the man, as strong as i stand today, tomorrow night, i may fall.