🔥 About FlameWriter 🔥
Flame Writer is an artist and activist, blending both passions together to create artworks that question and explore critical issues of our society. Many of his latest artworks use flame as a medium to demonstrate the ephemeral and powerful nature of mother earth.
Glenn also typically uses waste materials in his artworks, such as tent waste from festivals to highlight unsustainable resource exploitation.
Glenn also commonly uses art in his activism, believing it to be a powerful way of reaching and activating people.
FlameWriter is the artist moniker of Glenn Todd.
(Top Photo by Dan Broun).
🔥 Social Media 🔥
🔥 Experience 🔥
With a past life as an industrial sign-writer and fabricator, Glenn is a qualified graphic designer and also works as a creative director.
Glenn approaches his work with a high level of professionalism with a specific focus on public safety.
Glenn also does lots of other stuff such as web development and technology training. See glenntodd.net for more information and testimonials.
- Current Whitecard
- Current Drivers Licence
- 4 years Sign Fabrication including 2 years formal Signwriting apprenticeship
- 18 Years Founder/Director of Dvize Creative – Web Development company with clients including Stereosonic, Australian Ballet and Arts Centre Melbourne
- 3 years Diploma Art, Design and Multimedia
- 1 year Certificate of Art Foundation
- 1 year of Advanced Group Facilitation
🔥 Logistics and team experience 🔥
- 2017 – 2018 Frontline Action on Coal Digital – Remote digital support, online communications, logistics, systems, security for #StopAdani NonViolent Direct Action
- 2007 – 2018 ActionSkills – Founder/Director – Various training and skillshare events
- 2016 Close Pine Gap – Coordinator of media collective, website and social media. Negotiated many diverse groups, with some in conflict to work under one brand and share digital assets.
- 2015 Abbot Point convergence – (precurser to #StopAdani) Lead organiser (1 of 6) – camp infrastructure build and logistics, online communications
- 2014 Leard Blockade – NonViolent Direct Action support crew, camp crew, communications crew etc etc etc
- 2013 PressJam – Lead organiser (1 of 2) – 4 NFP websites built in a day
View glenntodd.net for more information.
🔥 Burning 🔥
Fire was my favourite childhood toy. Like many joys of childhood, this was eventually conditioned out of me. This was probably good in context to my political work.
I headed to my first burn as I thought it would be fun to hang out at 11:11:11:11:2011 with some other crazies who were hoping to be transported outer space or to a new intergalactic consciousness.
That didn’t quite work out but the next eve, with the Bee’s buzzing and some men humming, they set fire to that man. He stood so strong, so powerful, in defiance of his end. Then he fell. That beautiful creative violent destruction was the porno that re-awoke this pyro.
My working priority to help save humans from our own stupidity can grind me down. Activists all around me are burning out.. from the science or the hours or the stress or the massive scale of our collective arrogant insanity.
Burning art helps me stay sort of sane.
It awakens that little boy and shines a light on my conditioning. There is more than fire that was lost, that needs to be reclaimed.
Fire allows me to create and to let go. A release for my violence and a focus for my ego.
I am reminded that like the man, as strong as i stand today, tomorrow night, i may fall.